Universal Yoga Level 1 Training with Guruji Andrey Lappa
Level 1 Program Dates and Times:
- June 20 - June 29: Daily, 8AM to 6:30PM
- June 30 - July 1: Daily, 8AM to Noon
- Exam for certification: July 1, 3-6PM, cannot be rescheduled
What is Universal Yoga?
Universal Yoga is a multi-faceted yoga system with the goal of spiritual growth and liberation. To achieve this goal, Universal Yoga employs traditional yogic methods and techniques, from the rich philosophical heritage of Hinduism, Buddhism, Tantra, and modern science. The system is suitable for any practitioner seeking to become conscious of and liberated from their behaviors and individual patterns. This individual evolution is used to influence change within and then in the individual's surrounding environment. The goal of this micro- and macro-change is to inspire all beings towards karmic liberation–enlightenment. Universal Yoga is complex, but at the same time very simple.
WHO IS Guruji ANDREY LAPPA?
“Yoga is strength, balance, and unification.” This is the essence of what Guruji Andrey Lappa, a Ukrainian Yoga Master and a self-realized Vajrayana Buddhist, has explained yoga to be. A world-renowned teacher, who's life’s work has been to study and teach yoga philosophy and techniques, Guruji Lappa has spent most of his life in India and Nepal training with B.K.S. Iyengar, Patthabi Jois, Desikachar, Bhagavan Sri Rajnish, and also remote Himalayan yogis. Dorje Lappa is trained in Kalarypayat (an ancient Indian martial art), Bharata Natyam (an ancient style of Indian dance), Zyong-Shin and Viet-Vo-Dao (ancient Vietnamese martial arts), and in Karate. Currently, Guruji Lappa lives in Nepal and travels the world teaching external and internal practices of Universal Yoga. Guruji Andrey Lappa’s disciple, Raj Patra is the co-founder of Yoga for Life.
DETAILS OF THE PROGRAM:
The Level 1 training is for serious yoga practitioners who want to wake up their consciousness and learn from the profound lineage of Universal Yoga. The program is also for currently certified yoga teachers, who want to further their education and teaching skills from a Yoga Master and legend of modern times. Guruji Lappa’s Universal Yoga program is a Yoga Alliance Accredited 300-hour advanced program and successful participants (who already have a 200-hour credential) can receive a 500-hour certification.
Prerequisite: Recommended. To get the most from this program, it is strongly recommended to take the Preparatory Coursework for Universal Yoga with Raj Patra starting January 5, 2018. To graduate from Guruji Lappa’s program, you must take a written and practical exam after each of the three levels. Raj’s coursework will help provide the foundation for this program.
Tuition: For each level, tuition is $1,800. An additional $100 is required for examination, grading, and certification process for each level.
Curriculum: Level 1 training focuses on external practices of Universal Yoga. You will learn about sub-styles of yoga, asana pairs in multi-directional orientation, Himalayan vinyasas, Chakras, Maya-koshas, Bandhas, Rasas, principles of digital balancing, and more. In addition, you'll learn Level 1 training on Shiva Nata, the Dance of Shiva.
Detailed topics include:
• ©Universal Yoga – the complete yoga system
• Maya Koshas — human shells
• System of ©Shiva Nata — ©Dance of Shiva
• Techniques of Shiva Nata 1st level practice explanation
• Widely represented Asanas
• Asanas reformation reasons and examples of Asanas’ modernization
• Examples of the perfect Asanas and Asanas without clear purposes’ critique
• Individual structural differences and corresponding alignments
• Safety techniques in Asanas
• Alignments rules in Asanas (groups: Birds Asanas and others)
• Three sub-groups of stretching Asanas
• Difference between alignments and adjustments techniques
• Marmas - energy zones of human
• Active, Passive and Passive-Active flexibility
• “One Sector Asanas” and “Asanas Combinations”
• Asana positions in multi-dimensional space
• Directions of mobility of theoretical joints and the real joints of the human body
• Quantity of the zones of the maximum influence on Asanas: one sector and combinations
• Unique Asanas of ©Universal Yoga for all directions of mobility of all joints (table, techniques of alignments and adjustments)
• Asana orientation in multi-dimensional space
• Conscious perfection of old Asanas and creation of new ones
• Breath techniques during Asana practice
• Art of teaching
• Asanas developing static strength and endurance
• Groups of strengthening Asanas for the main groups of muscles
• Static strength endurance training
• Asanas developing balance
• Parts of the body support
• Coordinates of balance
• Asanas developing coordination of the body parts compared with each other
• Coordinated parts of the body
• Quantity of coordinated body parts
• Аsanas for the fingers, thumbs and toes
• Asanas for relaxation: lying down, sitting, standing
• Correct Alignments practising Shavasana
• Complete technique of Shavasana and Mritta Mudra
• Examples of simplified schemes of short relaxation for beginners
• Levels of complexity of flexibility, strength, balance and coordination of body parts developing Asanas
• Asanas for relaxation and restoration
• The functions of the Asanas for relaxation of the peripheral nervous system following relaxation of spinal cord practising Pranayamas and relaxation of central nervous system practicing Meditation
• Link of Asanas practice with Raja Yoga practice
• Asanas for the breath exercises - Pranayamas
• Asanas for the development of attention and consciousness control
• Asanas for the long meditation with stopping of the life processes
• Special equipment for the long-holding Asanas
• Minimum Sanskrit vocabulary and naming of the new Asanas in Sanskrit
• Rules of the Asana calligraphy for personal notes and teaching
• Choice of Asanas for individual practice
• Special equipment for Asana practice (all tips of Props)
• Malakhamb Yoga — practice of Asanas hanging on a pole or rope
• Acro-yoga techniques