300-Hour Yoga Training
Learn to Teach Hatha and Vinyasa Yoga
In our 300-hour program, you'll learn two full class sequences: a Hatha class, consisting of 35 poses and 8 pranayamas, and a Power Vinyasa class that is accessible and challenging for students of all practice levels. You'll also have over 10 hours of yoga anatomy, taught by a medical doctor and yoga teacher. And, you'll walk away with a solid understanding of the essence of what yoga is, as a result of the philosophical lecture series (see topics below). OUr program also includes:
- How to access and deepen yoga poses and vinyasas, along with alignment
- How to safely instruct poses and offer modifications using verbal and physical adjustments
- Major yoga philosophy and history texts (reading list provided upon application)
- The history and future of yoga from the East to the West
- Public-speaking, voice projection, leadership skills, safety skills in a classroom
- How to work with and accommodate students of all skill levels
- Meditation practices, yoga nidras, and active, passive, dynamic practices of asanas
- Subtle body anatomy, including the chakras and the bandhas and their significance in an 8-limb practice
- Overviews of other styles of yoga, including Universal, Yin/Tha, Yoga Nidra, etc.
- How to become a yoga professional or entrepreneur in a competitive market
- How to embody the principles of yoga to continue to further your own external and inter practices
- Yoga Philosophy lectures cover topics such as: Tantrik yoga, History of yoga, Karma, Dharma, Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Samskaras, Major styles of yoga in modern times, Role of music in yoga, Essential differences between Hinduism and Buddhism, Playbook of Happiness.
Program Dates and Times
September 13 - November 12, 2017
Saturdays & Sundays: 8:30AM–4:30PM
Wednesdays are reserved for lectures on yoga history and philosophy. On, Fridays we cover pranayamas, bandhas, and lesser-known topics and practices of yoga. Weekends typically start with yoga classes, followed by posture break-downs, sequence analysis, anatomy and posture alignments, and dialog practice in small groups and one-on-one.
Syllabus and coordinating dates provided upon submission of application, deposit payment and acceptance. Program cost: $3490.